HomePortalRegisterLog in
Share | 

Essential oil and pregnancy effects?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage

PostSubject: Re: Essential oil and pregnancy effects?   Tue Aug 30, 2011 12:30 am

Aww that's great Moonpetal i have two aswell a boy and a girl both teenagers , you must be very excited about having another , best of luck to you and your partner , children are such a blessing :) xx
Back to top Go down
MoonPetal

PostSubject: Re: Essential oil and pregnancy effects?   Mon Aug 29, 2011 9:15 pm

I know, i can't believe 18weeks already. Doesn't seem 5 minutes since i was POAS! ...Thanks for the advice Tansy. That's what i thought about the effects. It's been tough with spell work, i would almost always use oils and herbs but feel a little stuck now lol. I've tried switching my interests to candle magic and and colour magic. Roll on the new moon for my next planned spell :) xx

Hi Scarlet, This will be my second. I have a little boy who is 6yrs and this bean had been 3 yrs in the making... a clomid baby :) We find out on the 08/11 what we're having. I'm so excited lol..... and i don't mind at all you being nosey, i'm an open book :) xx

Much Love & Blessed Be x...

...MoonPetal
Back to top Go down
http://www.gaiastemptations.co.uk

PostSubject: Re: Essential oil and pregnancy effects?   Mon Aug 29, 2011 9:05 pm

Moonpetal is this your first child ? And do you know if it's a boy or a girl ? Don't mind me i love being nosy lol :) xx
Back to top Go down
Tansy Firedragon
Elder & High Priestess

PostSubject: Re: Essential oil and pregnancy effects?   Mon Aug 29, 2011 8:57 pm

Hi Moonpetal

18 weeks how exciting!!

As I understand it some essential oils have hormone-like effects, others stimulate the uterine muscles, others are just plain toxic.

Even if you are just using the oils on your skin, the oil is absorbed into your body so one way or another can enter your system.

So I think you are very wise to avoid them during pregnancy, it's not worth the risk.

Hugs
Tansy
x

Back to top Go down
http://www.rachelpatterson.co.uk
MoonPetal

PostSubject: Essential oil and pregnancy effects?   Mon Aug 29, 2011 7:49 pm

I'm 18weeks pregnant and i've been very good and stopped working with herbs and oil since finding out, as i know that most if not all can have ill effects in early pregnancy.

My question, particularly about oil is, what causes the ill effects? Is it the oil touching the skin? smelling it? or a combination of both?

Just wondered out if curiosity if anyone knew?

x

Much Love & Blessed Be x...

...MoonPetal
Back to top Go down
http://www.gaiastemptations.co.uk

Essential oil and pregnancy effects?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: KITCHEN WITCH SCHOOL :: Questions and Answers-
Jump to: