HomePortalRegisterLog in
Share | 

Mabon

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
moonsgoddess

PostSubject: Re: Mabon   Sat Sep 20, 2014 9:54 am

Hello lovelies :)
I've always been a bit 'strange' to other people and I know exactly what you mean about the mothers talking washing powder!! Lol
I get a bit nervous before a Ritual but like you once we gather in and I can feel the energy start to raise it's so beautiful and powerful, but in a calm gentle way (depending on which Goddess we've invited!) that really gets to my core! Contrary to popular belief I've always been shy but I learned to just smile and say 'hello'. Once that bits done the rest kind of follows lol
If I can is really love to go to Avebury for the Autumn Equinox/Mabon as I went there once with some not very nice people who kind of ruined the experience for me. I want that 'cleansed'. I want to go back and immerse myself into the ritual with the wonderful people who were there last time. I don't know which day is going to be though. ... Must find out and put it in my diary!
I don't mind going to places on my own but if anyone wants to join me that would be fabulous!
You're all just wonderful and I love being around people who I can just relax and be myself with. That's why I don't mind the traveling! Wink
Have a Blessed and joyous weekend everyone
Moonsgoddess xxx

"An it harm none, do as Ye will"
Love Light and Hugs
Carmen xxx
Back to top Go down
http://www.havoc-to-harmony.co.uk
Blaiddwolf Mynyddbrae

PostSubject: Re: Mabon   Thu Sep 15, 2011 8:08 am

Oh now Kindles are another matter entirely ;-)

He he he - I normally Pass on the Talking Stick - but seeing as I knew how anxious it makes you, Sun, I couldn't really this time could I! You did so well.

I still get anxious before every ritual, especially if there are new people, but once we line up and start walking in to form the circle, my anxieties normally fade.

Much love

Blaidd

Solitary Hedgewitch and Seer of the Old Ways[/center]
Back to top Go down
Tansy Firedragon
Elder & High Priestess

PostSubject: Re: Mabon   Wed Sep 14, 2011 7:56 pm

Sunchylde it was so lovely to see you at the ritual and your hubby Oakenheart too and for you both to be a part of it with us.

Hee hee - we have the same taste in reading material as well, and where would we be without hair straightners? LOL

Hugs
Tansy
x

Back to top Go down
http://www.rachelpatterson.co.uk

PostSubject: Re: Mabon   Wed Sep 14, 2011 7:53 pm

Yes it would be lovelly to meet you Sunchylde :) xx
Back to top Go down
Sunchylde Dryadmoon
Elder & High Priestess

PostSubject: Re: Mabon   Wed Sep 14, 2011 7:47 pm

I know exactly what you mean both Spiritcloud and Scarlet. I'm a very shy person and the thought of meeting and chatting with people I don't know very well usually fills me with dread. I actually had a mini panic as I watching the talking stick doing its rounds on Saturday! There is something about this group though that makes me feel calm. I've even travelled to Avebury and Burley all on my own to meet up with everyone :) That may not seem like a big deal for most people but it is to me it is an accomplishment. I guess the great thing is I know that I am accepted for who I am and that only comes with a group of like minded people.

Blaidd's right in a way in that you can't talk to "muggles" about the things that interest you and most of the time the things that interest them will bore you silly. Things like book choices are a classic example. I like to read things that will broaden my knowledge or I will be reading fantasy fiction. If I tell my work colleagues for example that I am reading a book about Spirit Allies then I get some very odd looks and even when I try to explain they don't get it.

Having said that I do love my hair straighteners and my pink kindle cover LOL

I hope all that makes sense. Hopefully next time I/we will be able to stay on for a bit after the ritual and join you all for a hot chocolate :)

Sunchylde xx
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Mabon   Mon Sep 12, 2011 2:00 pm

Lol Blaidd I have always had that problem of being totally disinterested in the mundane, it was especially hard when my children were both in primary school, my eyes used to glaze over when other mothers would be discussing the best washing powder or latest sugar free yogurt to give their little ones.
All my life i have always felt that i somehow don't belong or fit in with other people, ( possibly due to my strange upbringing and bizzarre schooling) but I didn't feel that with you guys on Saturday both at the ritual and at the pub afterwards, I felt that for once I was amongst a group of genuine people and i felt happy, calm and relaxed and you were all so nice and easy to talk to ( normally i find any kind of social gathering an absolute chore ) and it was a real pleasure being in your company I hope this post isn't making you feel sick lol. xxx
Back to top Go down
Blaiddwolf Mynyddbrae

PostSubject: !!   Mon Sep 12, 2011 10:52 am

Tee hee - I was just saying to Tansy this morning how you were so familiar as well.

But yes, it's also a feeling you get with people walking the same path, it is as if our deepest soul recognises a friend, with a connection that we just don't find with, well, "muggles".

There is one thing that you should be aware of though, because it's something that a lot of us can struggle with - and that's normal conversation with the every day people around us. I do hate to use the term muggle, but I cannot find a more applicable word to describe it!

As you progress, you'll find yourself less and less interested in mundane and trivial things, all those sorts of niggles that are of such importance to "normal" people. It does get a bit hard to reconcile, and you will also feel a complete toad for even thinking like this. It's something I still stuggle with, I just can't get interested in hair straighteners (for example) or the trouble that someone had in getting a stain out of the carpet.

It's not one of those things that we like to admit to, as it smacks of superiority. But it isn't that - it's because we have a different perspective on life. We have this whole "thing" that most people just don't understand and it separates us. I see it like a hill. We all start off down the bottom, where it's a bit crowded, and you struggle to see past everyone. But then you start to climb up that hill, and with each step upwards you can see more and more of what's around us. The further up the hill, the more remote you come to the crowds beneath, but the better and more expansive the view.

But, at least we all have each other to talk to and keep sane ;-)

Much love

Blaidd

Solitary Hedgewitch and Seer of the Old Ways[/center]
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Mabon   Sun Sep 11, 2011 11:41 am

Aww thanks Tansy i feel the same about all of you guys :D xx
Back to top Go down
Tansy Firedragon
Elder & High Priestess

PostSubject: Re: Mabon   Sun Sep 11, 2011 10:12 am

Not weird at all Gareth, it does happen!

I often wonder when it happens if it is that our souls have met before in a previous life?

And it could just be that we are all like minded, and are all following a similar path.

Whatever it was I am so pleased you felt it, it was an absolute pleasure to meet both you and Scarlet yesterday - I am looking forward to a long and wonderful friendship with you both.

Hugs
Tansy
x

Back to top Go down
http://www.rachelpatterson.co.uk
Spiritcloud

PostSubject: Re: Mabon   Sun Sep 11, 2011 12:42 am

xxxxx
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Mabon   Sun Sep 11, 2011 12:41 am

Thanks Gareth that's because i was with nice people that i share interests with :D xx
Back to top Go down
Spiritcloud

PostSubject: Re: Mabon   Sun Sep 11, 2011 12:36 am

you weren't anti social you were very good company thanks xx
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Mabon   Sun Sep 11, 2011 12:33 am

* guys * lol
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Mabon   Sun Sep 11, 2011 12:33 am

Well that's an interesting thought i hope you had good experiences with us lol :D
I am so glad i attended the ritual and met you, Blaidd, Tansy, Foxy, Pan, and Gareth and all the others at the ritual, not only was it a special thing because it was my first ritual, but it was a massive thing for me because i am very very anti - social , and rarely mix with other people outside, of a couple of close friends and my family, so it was an amazing experience to meet such lovelly peeps as you guy :) xxx
Back to top Go down
Spiritcloud

PostSubject: Mabon   Sun Sep 11, 2011 12:14 am

what a wonderful night I had thank you Dorset Grove although things seemed a little different I felt comfortable and peaceful being there, now here's a strange thing, (please don't think I'm wierd) but while we were sat in the pub afterwards I looked around at all your faces and I knew each and every one of you, the wierd thing being we had never met b4 tonight to my knowledge, but each and everyone of you have been a part of my life at some point,yet here comes the wierd part we've never met b4, it bothered me all the way home, now i is too tired to think anymore to stress about it but it is bothering me, could it have been some kind of pyshic link . I got home about 11pm feeling very positive and blessed.peace light and love to all xxx
Back to top Go down

Mabon
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: KITCHEN WITCH SCHOOL :: Questions and Answers-
Jump to: