HomePortalRegisterLog in
Share | 

The word "Wiccan"/"Wicca"

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Blaiddwolf Mynyddbrae

PostSubject: Re: The word "Wiccan"/"Wicca"   Mon Sep 12, 2011 11:14 am

It's taken us years to sort out our own definitions of the terms wiccan and witch. And even then, you'll notice that we struggle to vocalise them! You will develop your own definitions of them as you start to discern the subtle differences between all the different terms and "definitions". But that will come naturally to you as you progress, and as your confidence grows with your familiarity to the path. You will eventually be able to say "I like this particular aspect" about something, whilst knowing that you don't have to take the whole tradition. You will develop your OWN tradition, which will end up being compatible more with one set of people than it is with another.

For instance, I very often will do things slightly differently to Tansy, but our methods are compatible and compliment each other. Whereas, I wouldn't necessarily be compatible with a more ceremonial group who like all the paraphanalia of ritual where I use the minimum amount of tools, or even none.

At this point, for most of the books you read, the words witch and wicca are pretty interchangeable, so don't worry too much about it.

Much love

Blaidd

Solitary Hedgewitch and Seer of the Old Ways[/center]
Back to top Go down
Spiritcloud

PostSubject: Re: The word "Wiccan"/"Wicca"   Sun Sep 11, 2011 4:52 pm

thanks Pan and of course your right I don't need a name to follow my path wether it be solitary or as part of a coven , my life is changing in so many different ways and all for the better, so again thank you
Back to top Go down
Pangur-ban

PostSubject: Re: The word "Wiccan"/"Wicca"   Sun Sep 11, 2011 12:57 pm

The term Wicca only applies if you are following the Wiccan way and from reading you post that is not the case so whether you use the term or not is a moot point.

What you call yourself is entirely up to you Gareth and at the moment do you even need to put a name to it? Just walk your path without any preconceived boundaries and all will become clear with time.

Pan
x
Back to top Go down
Spiritcloud

PostSubject: The word "Wiccan"/"Wicca"   Sun Sep 11, 2011 12:04 pm

I had a quick chat to Bliadd last night about this these words, upon investigating I find they form the religious part of a journey and is a new additive to witchcraft I have a real problem with any form of organised religious order but feel comfortable with Pagan/Witch Druid do I have to be "Wiccan"/"Wicca" to follow my new path.. I am far more interested in the ancient art of witchcraft and the Divine Goddess . For me it's not so much about a name or title it's about my way of life and my interactions in everyday life, if this doesn't make sense I apologise I need to express things as they look in my mind love and peace ohh light too lol xxx
Back to top Go down

The word "Wiccan"/"Wicca"
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: KITCHEN WITCH SCHOOL :: Questions and Answers-
Jump to: