HomePortalRegisterLog in
Share | 

obligation to use incense for magical practice?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Hylia

PostSubject: Re: obligation to use incense for magical practice?   Mon Sep 19, 2011 5:32 pm

Thanks for your answers girls!

Fortunately you're still alive Tansy! We still need nice people on Earth! :p

I think I will take natural soya candles with essential 100% pure oil plus salt for the circle as I already used and yea the feather on the alter is a great idea to represent the element air! Exactly everything as you suggested Tansy (thumb up! lol :)
I would get strongly scented flowers only with small doses and everything perfectly natural no chemical i really dislike that!

Aroma stones are probably a good idea as well, but we still need to be sure it doesn't have any toxicity on it getting the pure oils.
I don't want to hurt my fragile little body :p hehe

You all help me a lot! Blessed be! ~
Hylia ~

Back to top Go down
http://princehylia.tumblr.com/
Sunchylde Dryadmoon
Elder & High Priestess

PostSubject: Re: obligation to use incense for magical practice?   Mon Sep 19, 2011 3:06 pm

Hey Hylia,

When I don't want to use incense I use essential oils. I have an aroma stone which you plug into the electric and it heats up gently. Then you just add a few drops of oils to it and it gives off a lovely scent and it is very safe to use as long as you are using pure oils. Lavender is a particular favourite of mine.

If you want to do more of a smudge type thing you can now purchase spray smudges. I have never used them myself but know people that have and they say they are good and easy to use.

Hope that helps.

Blessings
Sun
Back to top Go down
Tansy Firedragon
Elder & High Priestess

PostSubject: Re: obligation to use incense for magical practice?   Mon Sep 19, 2011 12:40 pm

LOL Hylia I am 43 next month and still alive!!

There are some lovely natural soya candles that have essential oils in them available on the market if you are worried about chemicals.

And essential oils are all natural if you make sure to purchase the ones that say 100% pure. There are some blended oils out there there are made from chemicals, you just need to check the label.

Incense is used in ritual to cleanse the circle and banish negative energies. If you don't want to use incense or oil burner, you could use salt water, just dissolve some salt into ordinary water and sprinkle it around the circle, you could also just use salt, sprinkling it around instead as salt is used for cleansing, banishing and purifiying.

If you want to use something on your altar to represent air then a feather is a good symbol for air.

Tansy
x

Back to top Go down
http://www.rachelpatterson.co.uk
Blaiddwolf Mynyddbrae

PostSubject: Re: obligation to use incense for magical practice?   Mon Sep 19, 2011 12:31 pm

Essential oils are generally only toxic if ingested, ie swallowed - and in fairly large amounts.

There are risks, of course, but there are risks to everything. The thing is to be careful, to use them as they are meant to be used.

However, as an alternative. You could use strongly scented flowers, or you could make your own pot pourri - the smells from fruit slowly drying in a cool oven are lovely.

Much love

Blaidd

Solitary Hedgewitch and Seer of the Old Ways[/center]
Back to top Go down
Hylia

PostSubject: Re: obligation to use incense for magical practice?   Mon Sep 19, 2011 11:30 am

aaah but an oil burner is much more toxic than incense isn't it? :o I don't want to die at 40 because of a lung cancer! ><' i must stay alive until 150 years old! haha (:
How can I use the feather? something in particular? :)
Back to top Go down
Pangur-ban

PostSubject: Re: obligation to use incense for magical practice?   Mon Sep 19, 2011 9:04 am

I would also suggest an oil burner or some scented candles.

Pan
X
Back to top Go down
Tansy Firedragon
Elder & High Priestess

PostSubject: Re: obligation to use incense for magical practice?   Mon Sep 19, 2011 9:01 am

Hey Hylia

I know incense is traditionally used, and I also know a lot of people that can't use it because of allergies or breathing difficulties. An alternative is to use an oil burner, using essential oils to create a scent. Or if it is just something to use to represent the element of air then I would suggest using a feather.

Hugs
Tansy
x

Back to top Go down
http://www.rachelpatterson.co.uk
Hylia

PostSubject: obligation to use incense for magical practice?   Sun Sep 18, 2011 6:37 pm

Hi everybody! :)
I would like to know if we can use something else than incenses to cast a magical circle and practice some rituals? because I do not really like odors from incenses and inhaling smoke of any kind. I'm also really care about my health and I know the most of incenses are really toxics. But even about the non toxic ones, I would have an idea of what else I can use to represent the Air element during my magical practices? Thank you all! :) blessed be! <3 ~
Back to top Go down

obligation to use incense for magical practice?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: KITCHEN WITCH SCHOOL :: Questions and Answers-
Jump to: