HomePortalRegisterLog in
Share | 

Hoops for Dream Catchers..

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Unity
High Priestess & Hearth Guardian

PostSubject: Re: Hoops for Dream Catchers..   Mon Jun 26, 2017 6:15 pm

That's a really good idea Luna Gypsy, your lucky to have a Willow in your garden. I'm trying to think where I can find one locally now Very Happy

Back to top Go down
luna gypsy

PostSubject: Re: Hoops for Dream Catchers..   Sun Jun 25, 2017 4:37 pm

I've made a few dream catchers, and I tend to use the finer Willow almost like twigs that are a decent length, if they are too stiff, soak them in water for a little and while they will soften then you can make a circle and bind the two ends together with organic hemp, I try to decorate mine with natural items, feathers that are lying around from the birds, pop a hole through dried star anise and thread these on etc.

Obviously try and use any twigs etc that the tree has naturally shed and is on the ground if visiting parks etc, I am fortunate to have a willow tree in my garden, however due to the size that it grows and I haven't got a massive garden, we do have to trim the willow so that it does not get to out of hand, but we do explain to the tree that we need to trim it, and the reasons why and also thank and honour the willow for it's trimmings.

Luna Gypsy x
Back to top Go down
StormloverWolf
High Priestess & Hearth Guardian

PostSubject: Re: Hoops for Dream Catchers..   Sun Apr 28, 2013 3:42 am

Just a thought, but you can use the wooden hoops that are used for embroidery, that is what I have used, they were fairly inexpensive too. The hoop from an old lampshade is another good one. Last embroidery hoop I got for some needlework was at a big discount store called Walmart here in the states.

Blessings, StormloverWolf

Laugh like the Maiden, Learn like the Mother, Love like the Crone
Back to top Go down
garnet

PostSubject: Re: Hoops for Dream Catchers..   Sat Apr 27, 2013 8:12 pm

Ok i cheated when i made my little dream catcher thing, i bought an old lamp shade from a charity shop and took the bits of and used that for the hoop, hehe
Back to top Go down
Blaiddwolf Mynyddbrae

PostSubject: Re: Hoops for Dream Catchers..   Wed Oct 05, 2011 4:35 pm

I think it's Moonpetal who is the dream catcher maker...she has a page on FB too, which I think she's added in the Sell Your Wares section near the bottom of the forum. She may well be able to help you.

Much love

Blaidd

Solitary Hedgewitch and Seer of the Old Ways[/center]
Back to top Go down
Tansy Firedragon
Elder & High Priestess

PostSubject: Re: Hoops for Dream Catchers..   Mon Sep 26, 2011 11:56 am

Hi Chezzielou

hmmmm not sure - do you have a Hobbycraft store near you they may be able to help, and I think they are online too.

I have purchased a few ready to make kits in a shop called The Works too, but that has all the bits in the kit.

Tansy
x

Back to top Go down
http://www.rachelpatterson.co.uk
chezzielou

PostSubject: Hoops for Dream Catchers..   Mon Sep 26, 2011 1:42 am

Not sure if this is in right place but does anyone know where i can find reasonably cheap hoops for making dream catchers?

I would be so grateful!

Chezzielou

xx
Back to top Go down

Hoops for Dream Catchers..
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: KITCHEN WITCH SCHOOL :: Questions and Answers-
Jump to: