HomePortalRegisterLog in
Share | 

Not sure if im being paranoid or being silly...

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Blaiddwolf Mynyddbrae

PostSubject: Re: Not sure if im being paranoid or being silly...   Wed Oct 05, 2011 10:33 am

I've used incense sticks to smudge too - mainly because it was the only thing I had to hand! Smells fabulous too, my favourite was frankincence.

You can always do a quick fix with whatever you have, or is easy to get, and then repeat it again if you feel you need to with the sage.

Much love

Blaidd

Solitary Hedgewitch and Seer of the Old Ways[/center]
Back to top Go down
chezzielou

PostSubject: Re: Not sure if im being paranoid or being silly...   Tue Oct 04, 2011 8:14 pm

Thanks :) im going out to pick some sage now :) hopefully itl dry quickly lol

Chezzielou

xx
Back to top Go down
Tansy Firedragon
Elder & High Priestess

PostSubject: Re: Not sure if im being paranoid or being silly...   Tue Oct 04, 2011 8:07 pm

There is some information in the Herb section on the forum here

http://www.kitchenwitchhearth.com/t233-smudging?highlight=smudging

you can use herbs or incense to smudge and cleanse a house.

No need to apologise for any lack of knowledge, we are all still on some level of learning - don't think you ever do stop learning, at least I hope not - life would be pretty boring then!

Tansy
x

Back to top Go down
http://www.rachelpatterson.co.uk
chezzielou

PostSubject: Re: Not sure if im being paranoid or being silly...   Tue Oct 04, 2011 7:58 pm

Iv read a bit about smudging but i have never done that.. is there a section on the forum which has more detail? We've got loads of sage growing in the back garden which if i remember is a main herb to use

You've all been so helpful thank you for helping me with my lack of knowledge (i am getting there i promise lol)

Chezzielou

xx
Back to top Go down
Tansy Firedragon
Elder & High Priestess

PostSubject: Re: Not sure if im being paranoid or being silly...   Tue Oct 04, 2011 7:55 pm

If you feel the house has negative energy you could smudge it too to clear out anything unwanted that might be hanging about.

No question is naive or silly if you don't know the answer!

Hugs
Tansy
x

Back to top Go down
chezzielou

PostSubject: Re: Not sure if im being paranoid or being silly...   Tue Oct 04, 2011 7:30 pm

Thanks for your advice and help!
I wasnt sure if stuff like that was powered by our own belief in it or if there was something more to it. I also thought maybe it was the house with negetive energy or something similar. I felt a bit.. is naive the word? when writing the post.

Chezzielou

xx
Back to top Go down
Blaiddwolf Mynyddbrae

PostSubject: Re: Not sure if im being paranoid or being silly...   Tue Oct 04, 2011 6:36 pm

Oh defo curses are self-fulfilling prophesies - that's the whole point of the curse ;-)

But, as Tansy says, negative energy can be turned around.

Negative energy attracts more negative energy, bad things keep happening, and go from bad to worse.

Positive energy attracts positive energy, ever noticed how the luck always seems to be with lucky people?

Most people see good AND bad things in their lives. But the whole point of a curse is to stop you from seeing the good things, to make you concentrate on the bad things, and thereby attract more bad stuff. The more bad stuff there is, the harder it is to see the good.

Like attracts like. If you feel like you've been cursed, make a conscious effort to find the good things. Concentrate on the things you can make positive changes to, and put less energy into the things that you have no control over. If there was a curse, then you can break it simply by denying it any power. It may not happen quickly, it may be frustratingly slow, savour each and every positive victory, ignore each and every defeat.

Much love

Blaidd

Solitary Hedgewitch and Seer of the Old Ways[/center]
Back to top Go down
Tansy Firedragon
Elder & High Priestess

PostSubject: Re: Not sure if im being paranoid or being silly...   Tue Oct 04, 2011 4:14 pm

Hey Chezzielou

I have posted a couple of articles on the forum today about curses and whether they are real or not http://www.kitchenwitchhearth.com/t1606-curses-are-they-real#3696

have a read through, they might give you some insight.

Bad health may be caused by genes in your family line? Lack of money may just have been caused by circumstances.

I think personally for a curse to have affect it has to be believed in, part of the 'spell' is to let that person or people know they have been cursed, that knowledge will then be passed on person to person - creating more bad energy. It is that negative energy, created by people's minds that passes on and causes the havoc.

There are spells and rituals you can do to lift curses though, I will have a look and see if I can find some for you.

What I would say is don't despair - whether you believe it is a curse or not - life can be changed around!

Tansy
x

Back to top Go down
chezzielou

PostSubject: Not sure if im being paranoid or being silly...   Tue Oct 04, 2011 3:04 pm

Hello eveyone i was just looking for some advice about curses.. more specifically family curses. Do they exist or is it a case of if you think its a curse then you will be cursed.

My family have always had bad luck with everything from health to money . i havent really given curses much thought until someone made a joke this morning saying it sounds like we are cursed.

A little detail about my family -

My grandparents on my mums side have always had health troubles (nan had TB and grandad had lung trouble)which lead to my mum being a carer at 14, my mum had cervical cancer and also my bio dad was abusive to both me and mum. She lieft him when i was 2 He then dies when i was 5. Mum then met this new guy when i was around 4 and was with us until 4 years ago. He was mentally abusive and he would lie take my mums money as well as the kids ( my mum has 3 children with him). Even 4 years after hes left he is still doing damage. When he left he took my sister with him aand has turned her against us, he doesnt give any child support to my mum either, hes spreading lies and when he left he told us kids that it was our fault, when in reality he was cheating, now this has caused so much damage to my youngest sister who was 3 at the time because the woman he left us for has 2 girls of her own and one of them goes to the same school and every day she sees him cuddling and basically being the dad he should be to this other little girl.

My mum is adopted and although she never knew her her bio mum had abusive bfs and died young from heart problems.

That is what is confusing me with the whole curse thing. My mum was adopted, does it work like that?
i thought maybe the curse (if it is one) might have come from my bio dad as his mum was an irish romani gypsy, i know that probably has nothing to do with it but im just thinking of all angles.

Sorry to rant, and this isnt meant to be a pity post im just genuinely interested if its possible a curse exists.
and also what i can do to lift it or at least ease it.

Again im not sure if this is me or if its real.. and im sorry again for babbling

edited- i just asked my mum and she said that she was adopted but from a relative

Chezzielou

xx
Back to top Go down

Not sure if im being paranoid or being silly...
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: KITCHEN WITCH SCHOOL :: Questions and Answers-
Jump to: