HomePortalRegisterLog in
Share | 

How to raise your children???

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
earthchild

PostSubject: Re: How to raise your children???   Sun Jul 29, 2012 4:48 pm

Thank you and it does help. My oldest wants to do rituals with me and has shown lots of interest in the whats and whys. but my youngest still doesn't show much interest which is okay. All of my family is Christian and so thats how they were raised, and I would catch a lot of grief if I were to raise my kids like myself and was unsure of what exactly to do and don't want to cause problems in my children's lives with family members that they hold near and dear. But I also want them to do what they want religiously speaking.
Back to top Go down
Tansy Firedragon
Elder & High Priestess

PostSubject: Re: How to raise your children???   Sun Jul 29, 2012 4:15 pm

Hey Earthchild

I have young children (6 and 11) I have never purposely taught them my religion, personally I think they are still too young. However when they ask me questions about what I do I always answer them honestly, explaining what I do and why.

My eldest understands how and why I celebrate the Sabbats, she understands about the Gods and Goddesses, but she hasn't shown much interest in celebrating with me or working with deity herself yet, although if you ask her she will tell you she is a pagan.

My personal thoughts are that they will find their own way, but if they ask, then explain to them the whats and whys.

You can take them on nature walks, introduce them to the elements make pagan themed crafts and read them pagan stories - there are quite a few ideas on the Pagan Children section of this forum.

Hope that helps!

Tansy
x

Back to top Go down
http://www.rachelpatterson.co.uk
earthchild

PostSubject: How to raise your children???   Sun Jul 29, 2012 3:48 pm

I have been a witch for some years now, but I was raised Christian. I have two children and when I found my path they were very young and now they are getting older and I'm unsure of how to raise them. When they were first born I was Christian and so I raised them that way but now they are 9 and 10 and beginning to ask more questions and I'm unsure of how exactly to teach them the way I believe. Any suggestions??
Back to top Go down

How to raise your children???
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: KITCHEN WITCH SCHOOL :: Questions and Answers-
Jump to: