Share | 

Just joined

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Magdalena Salomea
Priestess of the Ash

PostSubject: Re: Just joined   Sun Mar 22, 2015 7:17 pm

Thanks very much for update!
The fact the book is written in that way is definitely great news, I too very dislike being told down, or which also happens being shared the sacred revealed knowledge I should not question, or ask for logic and origins, so a book that doesn't go that way already makes me more interested!

I hope I'm not revealing too much (and I'm not sure if I can at this point), but those are both contemplation exercises- like what do YOU think about the topic (in your words and length) and actual move-you-butt-and-do-it type.

Oh and BTW Magdalena or Mea is fine Wink
Back to top Go down
https://www.etsy.com/shop/FaeryAstrolabe
Ever
Priestess of the Oak

PostSubject: Re: Just joined   Sun Mar 22, 2015 6:48 pm

Hi Magdalena Salomea, I just wanted to update and say I purchased: Grimoire of a Kitchen Witch: An Essential Guide to Witchcraft: A Kitchen Witch's World of Magical Herbs & Plants: Pagan Portals - Hoodoo: Folk Magic.

Well I know that the Grimoire of a Kitchen witch started off very basic too but it got more in depth into what I like to call more 'hard core' stuff pretty quicky. An example of this is that I'm only 7% in and it has already started going into pathworking. It also have a brilliant feel to the writing, a fresh and friendly feel. In no way does it feel like there are lots of other people's rules or being talked down too (unlike some books!). Also as I have recently re-capped the basics myself I realised my 101 books don't actually cover much at all! I wish I had this book when I first started up but I got where I am nevertheless.

Do you mind saying what the homework is like? Is it exercises/research projects or a long lengthy essay? I am loyal to my craft but i'm not going to write a 1500 essay like this one other site I once joined wanted me to...
Back to top Go down
Magdalena Salomea
Priestess of the Ash

PostSubject: Re: Just joined   Sun Mar 22, 2015 4:50 pm

My pleasure and hanks back.
I see your point now, I had different perspective on it, since for me I was the one teach the basics and not necessarily doing it, or being taught - if You know what I mean.

I definitely will. The first two lessons so far felt really 101, but I hope/think they're introductory and even if things will keep basic, they will be from different/new perspective, but I will write.
Back to top Go down
Ever
Priestess of the Oak

PostSubject: Re: Just joined   Sun Mar 22, 2015 4:39 pm

Thanks for replying!

I thought the start of the book was great because of how open it seemed but also very basic. My concerns about going over the 101 things again are because I go over the basics every week with my beginners group. I also just went over the basics all over again in the past 6 months so I am a bit fed up of basics!

I will have to give it some thought. Please let me know of your membership experience cos it will help me decide. Thanks.
Back to top Go down
Magdalena Salomea
Priestess of the Ash

PostSubject: Re: Just joined   Sun Mar 22, 2015 8:02 am

Hi StormSpirit,

I'm new here too, but recently got the membership. Being a little in your situation I was/am also concern about doing the 101 things, but on the other hand thought it may be good (and little humbling) to try all those things again and thing about many basic aspects of my path once again and see how the changed, or not. I still can't say if it's worth it, or not, since I'm just starting, but there are subjects I'm really looking forward to read and do.
Of course You trust your intuition. Hope You'll enjoy the book (maybe share your opinion then).
Back to top Go down
Gypsy Willowmoon
Priestess of the Oak

PostSubject: Re: Just joined   Sat Mar 21, 2015 7:45 pm

Hello StormSpirit, welcome to our lovely school, i am sure you will find plenty of topics and information to interest you. I look forward to reading your posts :)

)O( Gypsy Willowmoon Xx

Back to top Go down
Ever
Priestess of the Oak

PostSubject: Just joined   Sat Mar 21, 2015 1:25 pm

Hi everyone. I'm a seasoned practitioner but I have been contemplating buying membership here. That may be soon or a bit later when finances are better!
Recently I got 'Grimoire of a kitchen witch' on kindle and I'm going to see how much I like it.
I was solitary for some time but I am now a part of many offline groups. Unfortunately their styles are distinctly different from mine which I why I have looked this is site. I'm also interested in the Celtic Goddess Pathways Oracle and the upcoming Gods cards too. I myself have and still am a mentor to beginners for a group so I did not really want to jump into doing another 'refresher' right away. So I was considering the shortcut to the Forest of Ash and if I like it and decide to do the whole thing then going back to doing the forest of the oak as a refresher, if it is possible.
Back to top Go down

Just joined
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: KITCHEN WITCH SCHOOL :: Questions and Answers-
Jump to: