Share | 

Saying Hi from the forest...

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
StormloverWolf
High Priestess & Hearth Guardian

PostSubject: Re: Saying Hi from the forest...   Fri Jul 31, 2015 1:37 am

Hey Kenarri,

Welcome and you are still a baby, I will be 59 in Sept!

Sounds like you live in a beautiful area, I would love to live in a forest, my favorite place.

Hugs, StormloverWolf (Storm)

Laugh like the Maiden, Learn like the Mother, Love like the Crone
Back to top Go down
Kenarri

PostSubject: Re: Saying Hi from the forest...   Thu Jul 30, 2015 3:47 pm

Aw thank you all so much for the greetings.. It's very appreciated. It looks like the weather has finally changed, now it's just a somewhat annoying heat wave..

Life has been super crazy busy the past few weeks, apologies for not popping in sooner.. I am anxious to start the classes later next month once my family is settled...

Here's hoping you are all having a fabulous July! I can't believe its almost over! GASP!!!
Back to top Go down
starlitenergies

PostSubject: Re: Saying Hi from the forest...   Sat Jul 18, 2015 12:18 pm

Hiya Kenarri!

Welcome to Kitchen Witch! Lovely to have you with us Very Happy

Love your drawings, very talented

Looking forward to wandering the path together!

Much love & starlight xxx

** Starlit Energies ** (Sam)
"I have loved the stars to fondly to be fearful of the night"
Back to top Go down
http://facebook.com/S.L.Cove2109
Unity

PostSubject: Re: Saying Hi from the forest...   Sat Jul 18, 2015 11:19 am

Hi Kenarri,
I love your drawings, and you make jewellery too ! You are very talented and I'm sure your fantasy art will be amazing.

I don't live in a city, I'm in a village on the South coast of England, right near the beach. There are woods about a half hour drive away, but I have mobility problems so don't get out as much as I'd like to. I can walk, but pay for it big time afterwards. It's ok, I just have to remember to pace myself.

I hope the fires have died down now. I saw some on the news last night, but I only caught the end of it, so I don't know where it was, scary stuff.
I hope you did well at your gem show.
Have a great weekend
Unity x

Back to top Go down
StormloverWolf

PostSubject: Re: Saying Hi from the forest...   Sat Jul 18, 2015 1:22 am

Hello Kenarri,

Welcome to Kitchen Witch! This is a nice community with a lot of great information. You will go as far on your "path" as your heart desires!

Love your drawing and I am also envious of you living in the forest. That has always been my "comfort" of choice and with having a huge yard, and lots of tree's I like to think I am out in my own forest.

If you have any questions, just ask, there is usually one of us skulking around the halls.

Again welcome Kenarri!

Hugs, StormloverWolf (Storm)

Laugh like the Maiden, Learn like the Mother, Love like the Crone
Back to top Go down
Kenarri

PostSubject: Re: Saying Hi from the forest...   Fri Jul 17, 2015 7:07 pm

He he.. now I have to apologize.. I have a house full of people right now for the next week or so.. then I pack up my daughter and off we go to another city.. eee!!

I really like your avatar.. so that's one you did? I look forward to seeing more in the future too.... It's really beautiful.. :)

Actually I think that the archeology jobs sound fascinating! It's something I've been interested in for some time... It's really amazing to touch pieces of your history..

As far as the fires and weather goes.. yeahhhh rain!!! Go rain! I'm happy to see it as we had very hot hot weather this past week..

Well I have to scoot as there's the start of the annual gem show this weekend here where I live and I'm anxious to get myself ready to go!!

Cheers!
Back to top Go down
Magdalena Salomea
Priestess of the Ash

PostSubject: Re: Saying Hi from the forest...   Sun Jul 12, 2015 7:15 pm

Hi again Kenarri, sorry for delay!

Oh I know that pain and You don't need to hunt for it, just send a pic of some new work You'll do ^^

Well from perspective of my clime, your is cold, as in mid of September we usually have "second summer" with temperatures between 25-27 degree C (though summer heat means anything from 30-35 degree C, but that's usually week or little ore during whole summer) and snow usually come with December. In light of what You're saying I can really understand why You care so much for this precious time and I hope You'll have much of it this season.

If so, You should definitely be prod of Yourself as well and hope the bound between the two of You will only get deeper with time.

Well honestly I can't say I have much of mastery in that field ^^' and I like the fact it's rather easy to correct mistakes in this techniques with just water and tissue paper. I like oil and acrylic as well, but I'm utterly clumsy person and I always paint myself alongside the canvas (which is not that bad if it's about my hands, worse it it's about clothing).
You can see one if You look at my avie and some others in my journal (although now that I think I'm not sure there are that many of watercolours there).

Thank You for happy thoughts! And as for archaeology, it's really not that glamorous as many thing, unless sitting in cold cave with 90% humidity, or swinging pickaxe in full sun is your thing. Other fascinating activities involve throwing 2m high pile into closed excavation site, washing 10 000 pottery pieces (not exaggerating) and filling them all in documentation. Ok, I'm not fair, there are cool parts too, i.e finding anything (specially bones), putting pottery pieces together, comparing findings, synthesizing findings and making conclusion (unless it's 10 000 pieces of pottery of ox bones - again not exaggerating) and collective singing on the site (when your superiors are not there). It's weird job if You think about it and often physical, so not the best for your health. But of course it's not the point, what matters is that your work can help people value more the land they are living and learn more about the past (and so about the present). ^^

Hope the fire is now under control and your partner is safe, this is so terrible to hear about it. Are the damages big?

Enjoy the warmth and the outside and yes it's about 7 hours later here where I live. ^^
Back to top Go down
https://www.etsy.com/shop/FaeryAstrolabe
Kenarri

PostSubject: Re: Saying Hi from the forest...   Tue Jul 07, 2015 3:29 pm

Very nice to meet you Paul.

I would have to agree.. I've talked with a few people so far and everyone seems large of heart and generous... :)
Back to top Go down
Sakura Moonstar
Priest of the Oak

PostSubject: Re: Saying Hi from the forest...   Tue Jul 07, 2015 11:56 am

Merry meet, Kenarri! I've been a student just since this spring, and I can tell you that the lessons are great, the the students are so friendly and sweet people. There's a lot of love here and it's truly a great place to grow and learn not just from the lessons and our fabulous Elders, but from each other, too.

Brightest blessings!

Paul
Back to top Go down
Kenarri

PostSubject: Re: Saying Hi from the forest...   Mon Jul 06, 2015 10:47 pm

Oh that's my bobo.. the pic was small to begin with.. sadly, I don't have a larger image as it's no longer with me (which is good).. but sad I can't take a better pic. I can probably hunt one down on an old disc somewhere. when the fall comes I'll be inspired as I'll be stuck indoors.. I'm not sure what the weather is like where you are but fall arrives often in August.. if we are lucky we wont get snow in late september.. (uuggk).. It does not stay on the ground usually until mid october tho..

Thank you :) It's been a LONG road with my darling daughter but I have to say, I'm oober proud of where she is headed.. it's a nice bond we have too being it just the two of us. I do live with someone but he's not her dad..and its basically just her and I doing everything..

Watercolours! I'm envious!!! I was always to heavy handed for them and was never good enough to do light washes.. I always wanted to layer paints so they steered me into oils and acrylics instead.. I'd love to see some of your pieces too!!

Archeology!! I love love love it!!!!! That's something I would so enjoy doing! I hope you are feeling a lot better with your health (sends you happy thoughts).. I hope you can get back into it as it sounds so interesting! Are there lots of places to visit where you are?

Yeah we are having a heat wave.. and massive fires.. 2 provinces over in Saskatchewan they are mass evacuating people due to the flames.. I just checked and there are currently over 100 fires burning over there.. eek! It's kind of scary as my other half (the fellow I live with ) is working near the fire zones..

Well I'm off to not think about that and go do my dishes.. its just after supper here... I think our time zones are a few hours apart?

Back to top Go down
Magdalena Salomea
Priestess of the Ash

PostSubject: Re: Saying Hi from the forest...   Mon Jul 06, 2015 8:21 pm

First of all - You don't ramble, because a) You don't and b) it's impossible to ramble when talking about passion ^^

Secondly, back at You and ADF!

It's also great to know someone with same worries/trait Very Happy

So You draw and You're photographer, wow that's awesome! I can't figure out how to make the second pic bigger, but it looks great, even that small. Obviously the first one is also gorgeous, even if it's still unfinished and it also proves You'll be great with fantasy!
I can imagine You have busy life (my mom was pretty much single too), so it's even more amazing You are doing so much and various creative things! Really honest congrats.

Contrary to You I'm more into watercolours Very Happy and fantasy rather than landscape (which I know I need to work on somehow). Also used to study archaeology, but then my health declined and had to drop out in the middle of last year with part of semester passed... Really want to go back, but at the same time equally scared to. So that would be about me.

It's heat weave time in Canada too now? Thought it's only Europe (obviously wasn't checking weather forecast in a while ^^')
Back to top Go down
Kenarri

PostSubject: Re: Saying Hi from the forest...   Mon Jul 06, 2015 7:56 pm

Hi Magdalena..

Waves to you over on OBOD.. :)  Thank you so much.. he he.. I hear you...  I do the same thing, I either am somewhat quiet or I babble until folks go "okayy.. enoughhhh are you done now???"..  Again feeling in good company here..

What kind of art am I into.. okay here's where I babble LOL

I'm work predominately with graphite (pencil) and work with landscapes and occasionally portraits (depending on my mood)..  I'll see if I can post a few pictures here once I figure out how to do that.. (in a reply if I can).. Everyone has a camera these days but I did study photography and used to sell my work at local galleries along with the graphite pieces.  Painting was never my strong suit but I can do it in a pinch..

I also work with wire and stones and make jewelery (that's my main bread and butter).. it's still artsie but more along the crafting line..

Lets see if I can figure out how to post something..  MM that didn't work.. I'll try again (you can't see me tinkering in the background while I'm typing but you can imagine).  

This is an early one that I did on a canoe many years back (hey I got this to work!) It's a quick sketch on a wood paddle that was auctioned off at a local theater...

Another one from a while back..

I'm pondering getting into fantasy drawings this winter but I'll probably do a refresher course at a local shop just to get back up to speed as its been a while.. being a single full time mom has been a handful...

How about you? What are your interests?

Hey look.. I rambled a longggggggggggggg time.. *shrugs*
Back to top Go down
Kenarri

PostSubject: Re: Saying Hi from the forest...   Mon Jul 06, 2015 7:41 pm

I'm sitting here printing labels.. so I caught this message right away.. (its summer and I dont usually hang out here at my desk that much as winters are brutal and long here)...

Its great to meet you Unity.. :) I'm guessing you are a city dweller?

Looking about here I'm not sure if I am seeing all the forum postings or I'm missing something.. are more of our conversations here in the Q and A area?

Goes back to hiding from the heat... go figure..its either snowing or hot!! LOL
Back to top Go down
Magdalena Salomea
Priestess of the Ash

PostSubject: Re: Saying Hi from the forest...   Mon Jul 06, 2015 7:37 pm

Merry meet Kenarri (fellow Druid here, although of OBOD Wink)
I think your introduction is actually really good, tells a lot about You and gives some point to start a conversations, so no worries, You did great job with it ^^ (specially from my, either too little, or more often over-talking, perspective)

What kind of art are You into and where can I see it?

Also welcome to KW, hope You'll enjoy it here!
Back to top Go down
Unity

PostSubject: Re: Saying Hi from the forest...   Mon Jul 06, 2015 7:29 pm

Welcome to Kitchen Witch Kenarri , I hope your having fun navigating the forum. You will find a lot of us are into the same things as you (herbs and crystals Wink ) Your very lucky to live in a forest, I know I won't be alone in feeling a bit jealous Laughing
I'm looking forward to reading your posts.
Unity x

Back to top Go down
Kenarri

PostSubject: Re: Saying Hi from the forest...   Mon Jul 06, 2015 6:37 pm

Hi Gypsy...
it's awesome to meet you!
Back to top Go down
Gypsy Willowmoon
Priestess of the Oak

PostSubject: Re: Saying Hi from the forest...   Mon Jul 06, 2015 6:28 pm

Hey Kenarri *waves*
Welcome

)O( Gypsy Willowmoon Xx

Back to top Go down
Kenarri

PostSubject: Saying Hi from the forest...   Mon Jul 06, 2015 6:13 pm

Hi everyone..
I thought I would pop in here to say hello.. I've been looking at this site for a while and just biding my time until my darling daughter heads off to school in another city.

Yes, I'm another late 40's lady joining up here (I see a trend) :) and it's nice to be in great company.. okay so I'm 49 going on 50..

I'm not sure what to write here.. Mmm.. I'm a Gardener.. I work with herbs and crystals... I don't like bugs.. LOL.. I'm an artist by trade and that's how I make my living..  I live in the country (forest) and am surrounded by pretty well nothing but trees and trees.. and did I mention the trees?

It's also nice to see other fellow Druids here as well. I'm a member of ADF and true to my nature I'm adding far too many irons in my cauldron to keep myself busy this fall. :)

Cheers!
Kenarri..
Back to top Go down

Saying Hi from the forest...
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: KITCHEN WITCH SCHOOL :: Questions and Answers-
Jump to: