View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Unity
High Priestess & Hearth Guardian

PostSubject: Star's Olive branch chat - 24th April   Thu Mar 31, 2016 10:39 am

Back to top Go down
Tansy Firedragon
Elder & High Priestess

PostSubject: Re: Star's Olive branch chat - 24th April   Mon Apr 18, 2016 8:13 am

Really looking forward to this one!

x

Back to top Go down
http://www.rachelpatterson.co.uk
Gypsy Willowmoon
Priestess of the Oak

PostSubject: Re: Star's Olive branch chat - 24th April   Mon Apr 18, 2016 10:07 am

Me too! See you there Very Happy

)O( Gypsy Willowmoon Xx

Back to top Go down
starlitenergies

PostSubject: Re: Star's Olive branch chat - 24th April   Sat Apr 23, 2016 2:06 pm

OK folks before you attend this chat, if you want to take part in the second of two exercises please can you familiarise yourself with the following 9 points on your body....

KC: The Karate Chop point (abbreviated KC) is located at the center of the fleshy part of the outside of your hand (either hand) between the top of the wrist and the base of the baby finger or....stated differently....the part of your hand you would use to deliver a karate chop.

TOH: On the top of the head. If you were to draw a line from one ear, over the head, to the other ear, and another line from your nose to the back of your neck, the TOH point is where those two lines would intersect.

EB: At the beginning of the eyebrow, just above and to one side of the nose. This point is abbreviated EB for beginning of the EyeBrow.

SE: On the bone bordering the outside corner of the eye. This point is abbreviated SE for Side of the Eye.

UE: On the bone under an eye about 1 inch below your pupil. This point is abbreviated UE for Under the Eye.

UN: On the small area between the bottom of your nose and the top of your upper lip. This point is abbreviated UN for Under the Nose.

Ch: Midway between the point of your chin and the bottom of your lower lip. Even though it is not directly on the point of the chin, we call it the chin point because it is descriptive enough for people to understand easily. This point is abbreviated Ch for Chin.

CB: The junction where the sternum (breastbone), collarbone and the first rib meet. To locate it, first place your forefinger on the U-shaped notch at the top of the breastbone (about where a man would knot his tie). From the bottom of the U, move your forefinger down toward the navel 1 inch and then go to the left (or right) 1 inch. This point is abbreviated CB for CollarBone even though it is not on the collarbone (or clavicle) per se. It is at the beginning of the collarbone and we call it the collarbone point because that is a lot easier to say than "the junction where the sternum (breastbone), collarbone and the first rib meet."

UA: On the side of the body, at a point even with the nipple (for men) or in the middle of the bra strap (for women). It is about 4 inches below the armpit. This point is abbreviated UA for Under the Arm.

Here's a picture to help you out...

[img][/img]

[img][/img]

Thanking you muchly :) Star xxx

** Starlit Energies ** (Sam)
"I have loved the stars to fondly to be fearful of the night"
Back to top Go down
http://facebook.com/S.L.Cove2109
Gypsy Willowmoon
Priestess of the Oak

PostSubject: Re: Star's Olive branch chat - 24th April   Sun Apr 24, 2016 9:44 am

Wink;)Got it in my brain Wink

)O( Gypsy Willowmoon Xx

Back to top Go down
starlitenergies

PostSubject: Stars Olive Branch... some more information :)    Sun Apr 24, 2016 8:33 pm

What is Star’s Olive Branch all about?

We’ve all seen the symbol of peace, the dove holding the olive branch right?! A Christian symbol of peace you might say, St Augustine wrote on a Christian Doctrine “perpetual peace is indicated by the olive branch which the dove brought with it when it returned to the ark” – Wikipedia.

Long before the 5th Century AD when St Augustine wrote the above, in Ancient Greece, the first Olive Trees were planted by the Goddess Athena. After the burning of Athens by the Persian King Xerxes in the 5th Century BC, when the Athenians eventually returned to their devastated city, up at the Acropolis the spiritual centre of Athens, the Olive tree had already sprung a branch and leaves, symbolising recuperation, resurrection, and hope. - http://www.sabor-artesano.com/gb/olive-tree-mythology.htm

For whatever reason, and there are hundreds of them, very personal to you… we step off, slip off, or fall off of the spiritual wheel. And we get ourselves in a funk. We can’t concentrate, we can’t be bothered, we get overwhelmed by unruly emotions, we shut ourselves away and before we know it….

It’s four months down the road I’ve pushed everyone away, I’ve not achieved any of my goals and I’m thoroughly hating on myself… oh wait, hang on a second this is my story from a couple of years ago.

Anyone else ever felt overwhelmed, out of control, in a funk, hopeless, or something similar?
Yup, see right there, we all go through it!

So, Star’s Olive Branch is a system of spiritual wellness, hope, recuperation, and resurrection.

Championing the 4 Who’s - 1. Who you are 2. Who you want to be 3. Who you have been, and, 4. Who you could be.

And MR LUKS recipe for Spiritual Goodness.
2 cups Move forward, 1 cup Release it, 1 tbsp Let go, A dash of Understand it’s an on going journey that needs effort, A big ole dollop of Know thy self, Stir in some Warrior Training and bake until inspired and empowered.

It’s about boosting your motivation and determination as well as sparking your creativity and inspiration.

This is “Tapping into your Warrior Spirit” LIVE. The techniques used in spiritual wellness are based on wellness and recovery theories and practices.

This is a place of mutual respect, complete trust, and no judgement!
I’m an open and honest person who is not afraid to say what I’m thinking. I will encourage the same of you.
I want to offer you a place to talk openly, be listened too and heard.
It’s up to you how long or how much you use this opportunity.
We will agree some aims/goals together for the time we spend together, here are some examples:-
 > I want to get back to my spiritual practice
 > I want to feel more confident in my path
 > Something’s missing, help me find it

You may or may not know that I work within Adult Mental Health, I’ve been a Support Worker, Recovery Worker, and Support Co-ordinator to name but a few of my job titles!! *snigger* I’ve been doing it for a little shy of a decade, I’ve studied psychology and counselling and I deliver wellness programs on a daily basis to my clients.

What you say stays between us, obviously I want to offer 100% confidence, however there is an exception, and I have a duty of care, so the only exception is matters of harm toward one’s self or others.

REALLY IMPORTANT… Involvement with the Olive Branch and any exercises we try should NOT replace any professional help you are receiving, or any medication you are taking. I am not acting as a counsellor or therapist. If I suspect you may need some help professionally I’ll be honest.

How would you get in touch?

- PM’s over the Kitchen Witch forum
- The conversation is yours; you’re in the driving seat!
- I will respond within 24 hours of receiving each message.
- You decide when you’ve had enough.

Back to top Go down
starlitenergies

PostSubject: The Exercises   Sun Apr 24, 2016 8:38 pm

Five Senses Grounding Technique

This is the first thing that comes to mind exercise try not to take too much time thinking about it.
You don’t have to write them down. Take a deep breath, mentally take note or make a list of…

5 things you can see, 4 things you can touch, 3 things you can hear, 2 things you can smell, 1 thing you can taste.

Tapping or EFT

For years now psychologists have been sure that no matter what part of your life needs improvement, there are often emotional issues in the way. It’s fairly obvious that stress can impede the natural healing potential of the human body. These emotional blocks stop the energetic flow around our bodies and cause all sorts of physical and emotional build up, which is often what causes these spiritual funks!

Anyone practice/had Reiki, Acupuncture or/and Acupressure? Combine those…

This particular technique for relieving stress/clearing emotional blocks is called “Tapping” and is something you can do to yourself without too much training. Look up for a handy picture of the points :)

About 5,000 years ago, the Chinese discovered a complex system of energy circuits that run throughout the body. These circuits, or Meridians as they call them, are the centrepiece of eastern health practices and form the basis of a lot of holistic modern day healing techniques. The points I’ve identified are the end of the Meridians.

Tapping is exactly what it says on the tin, by identifying and accepting an issue, and then tapping these points in a specific way/order we are supposed to be able to feel some relief from the issue.

OK so I want you to think of an issue.
If it’s emotional you can recreate the memory in your mind and assess the emotions that arise.
If it’s physical I want you to assess the existing pain or discomfort.

So at the moment I have a headache, I am going to pin point my focus on my headache . I am going to direct my thoughts toward this point by creating a Set Up Statement. This is acknowledging the problem and accepting myself in spite of it.

“Even though I have this headache, I deeply and completely accept myself.”

Now I’d like you to assign a number of intensity to this issue. On a scale of 0-10 how bothered are you by it? My head is painful, currently it’s bothering me at about a 8, and therefore I want to get it down to 0 if I can but a 4 would be acceptable.

I’d like you to repeat your Set Up Statement while tapping your KC (hand) point with two or three fingertips until you feel you’ve make it clear to your system this is what you’re trying to address this evening. About 15 taps should do it I reckon!

Now think of a reminder statement mine would be “this headache”.
Tap each point between 3-7 times with 2-3 fingertips using the following sequence, wait for the whole sequence before starting!

Top of the Head (TOH)
Beginning of the Eyebrow (EB)
Side of the Eye (SE)
Under the Eye (UE)
Under the Nose (UN)
Chin Point (CH)
Beginning of the collarbone (CB)
Under the Arm (UA)

OK now sit for a bit and assess if the intensity of the issue has gone down. It should have reduced a little bit I reckon! You can start and repeat the sequence until you get yourself down to zero or wherever you want to be but for now…

Back to top Go down

Star's Olive branch chat - 24th April
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Online Chatroom EVENTS-
Jump to: