HomePortalRegisterLog in

Solstice/Litha Online Ritual/Celebrations?

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Mayweed

Mayweed

Solstice/Litha Online Ritual/Celebrations? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Solstice/Litha Online Ritual/Celebrations?   Solstice/Litha Online Ritual/Celebrations? Icon_minitimeFri Jul 19, 2019 7:13 pm

MM Mol!!

I hope you join in!! I am really looking forward to it!! :) It would be lovely for you to join in if you are feeling like you want to!! :) I have really missed doing group stuff, even if it is online and am really looking forward to it.
Blessings
Mayweed
Back to top Go down
Mol Uí Chléirigh

PostSubject: Re: Solstice/Litha Online Ritual/Celebrations?   Solstice/Litha Online Ritual/Celebrations? Icon_minitimeFri Jul 19, 2019 5:17 pm

I hope to attend. I did love joining in online as i am very isolated here and it was lovely to be part of it
Thank You
Back to top Go down
Mayweed

Mayweed

PostSubject: Re: Solstice/Litha Online Ritual/Celebrations?   Solstice/Litha Online Ritual/Celebrations? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 18, 2019 3:17 pm

MM Tansy,

I understand all that. I also know that this school provides a wealth of great things, but I also have to reflect on what I want from a school and where my path is taking me, so that is what I did. I am not saying anything bad about the school, I am just saying that there are some things that may be lacking in regards to what I want for myself. I get that it can't be all things to all people, and that will be true of all schools, but I have to ensure that the things that are important to me, my needs and the things I want to learn about, are being met, if not here, then somewhere, perhaps online, perhaps in my local FB Pagan group, perhaps at a Buddhist or Tao place, who knows where my path will take me!? I think KW is a great school, which is why I am staying on, and looking elsewhere, in my community and such, to meet the needs that it perhaps may not. I really appreciate that there will be a Lammas ritual and that my concerns were taken into consideration. I will be there with bells on, and again, I appreciate being heard.
Blessings
Mayweed
Back to top Go down
Tansy Firedragon
Elder & High Priestess
Tansy Firedragon

PostSubject: Re: Solstice/Litha Online Ritual/Celebrations?   Solstice/Litha Online Ritual/Celebrations? Icon_minitimeWed Jul 17, 2019 1:45 pm

Each and every pathway is different. And I think we offer a huge amount here at the school, a lot more than some others. But nowhere/no one can perhaps be everything to everyone all the time, we can only do the best we can.

We are a community and we support one on one. We did the sabbat rituals for a long while but attendance was low. We do the regularl moon rituals and reiki shares which people seem to like. However, as you have requested, we are putting on a ritual for the next sabbat.

Timing will always be an issue when there are people in different time zones. We have to work with the majority. Moon phases can be worked with for several days over each period and you don't have to be able to see it to work with the magic!

We had an online moon ritual last Sunday, attendance was very low. But we had a fabulous time and it was a very lovely ritual.

We do online rituals via facebook which actually get far more attendance and interaction.

We do what we can!

x

Solstice/Litha Online Ritual/Celebrations? Sictag11
Back to top Go down
http://www.rachelpatterson.co.uk
Mayweed

Mayweed

PostSubject: Fantastic news!!   Solstice/Litha Online Ritual/Celebrations? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 15, 2019 5:33 pm

MM Unity

That is awesome. I look forward to that, then. I understand ritual isn't for everyone and if I am the only person in attendance then I understand if they don't carry on. I can do ritual alone, I just prefer to share that experience. I am happy to hear that you are giving it a chance and I look forward to joining in!! I am sorry for the late reply, but I had to do some thinking about what I wanted and needed from my studies, and I plan to stay on for now, either way, ritual or not, but I appreciate that you heard what I was saying and are willing to take your time to plan a ritual and hold one for those of us who want them. I will definitely be in attendance. Thanks so much. :)
Mayweed
Back to top Go down
Unity
High Priestess & Hearth Guardian
Unity

PostSubject: Re: Solstice/Litha Online Ritual/Celebrations?   Solstice/Litha Online Ritual/Celebrations? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 25, 2019 1:17 pm

Just to let you know, we have listened to you, and I will be hosting a Lammas ritual in the forum chat room on the 4th August at 7.00pm GMT. Poster to follow Very Happy

Solstice/Litha Online Ritual/Celebrations? Sictag17
Back to top Go down
Evergreen

Evergreen

PostSubject: on-line rituals   Solstice/Litha Online Ritual/Celebrations? Icon_minitimeMon Jun 24, 2019 2:32 pm

Hi Mayweed, I too hoped for on-line rituals for the wheel of the year, when I first joined but now I like the freedom to celebrate what I want, when I want, with no dogma. That's what I love about Kitchenwitch. They can't hold our hands, it's for us to find the magic in us and the search is the experience. If a day feels special, it is and like-minded people will appear in your real life, to celebrate with, when the time is right. In the meantime, I can recommend the moon and reiki rituals, they do make me feel I'm connected to a bigger picture xx
Back to top Go down
Mayweed

Mayweed

PostSubject: Re: Solstice/Litha Online Ritual/Celebrations?   Solstice/Litha Online Ritual/Celebrations? Icon_minitimeSat Jun 22, 2019 8:45 pm

MM

Thanks everyone.  I am going to give the moon rituals a chance and see how i get on.  I am not certain I will enjoy doing my sabbat rituals alone, as I have always done them either in a group online or with actual people in a space, outside or something. I just don't think that doing ritual alone and sharing that experience with pics and such after the fact is the same as experiencing a ritual with other people, if you get me.  There is something about the experience of sharing that space and energy that you just don't get in solitary ritual, even if you share that experience with other people after doing it alone.  Does that make sense? As for time zones, I make it work. I used to attend The Sacred Mists also, when I lived in the UK and would get up at like 2am to attend group ritual. I think if people want the experience they will be willing to make adjustments. I guess, as you say, it is a matter of who wants it. If I am the only one, well, then I understand that people won't want to lead a ritual with only me attending. I will see how I get on with this path for a while, as I said, I love the practical work in the lessons and so forth, so I will try and navigate my way forward for a time to see if I can make something work. I like to give these things a fair chance, but I do feel I will need to find a way to share sabbats with others, even if it is just to get some friends together and hang out.  I did winter solstice with a group of my friend's friends, it was just girls hanging out, but we shared some experiences, burned some things we wrote down in the fire pit, that kind of thing, which was nice, but none of them were pagans/witches etc, not that that matters to me, but it is nice sometimes to have like minded people to experience and share with.  It was a good experience, though, and if I can find things like that to take the place of group ritual then maybe that will help.  I will also give the alone thing a try, but I do all my workings/practice alone and sometimes that gets old.  Thanks for all the tips and such.  I will be staying on here, at least for a while, to see how things go.  Sometimes our paths change, and maybe this will work for me, too.  I will have to see.  I appreciate the feedback and such, so thanks ladies!!  :)  
BB
Mayweed
Back to top Go down
Autumn Ravenflower
Autumn Ravenflower

PostSubject: Re: Solstice/Litha Online Ritual/Celebrations?   Solstice/Litha Online Ritual/Celebrations? Icon_minitimeSat Jun 22, 2019 4:23 pm

Hello Mayweed
It would be a shame if you felt that you needed to move on with regards to your studies. As you know when you were here previously, we did hold regular rituals for the sabbats online. The attendance wasn’t always so good and we felt that perhaps the timings weren’t always right for everyone, what with different time zones, times of the year with people being busy with other things and other factors. We came up with the idea, as Tansy wrote, with having a Facebook event in which one of us hearth guardians wrote a sabbat ritual and posted it for people to do in a time that suited them. There was the opportunity to share photos of your ritual with others in the group and that gave a feeling of togetherness within the ritual.
I appreciate that the online rituals are part of what you like about KW. We do hold regular Reiki and New Moon and Full Moon rituals and have been planning an online ritual for Lammas as it happens as we know that they are well liked too.
With regards to a feeling of community - I feel that the school itself and this forum has that. We regularly post in each other journals and share ideas. We have a support email and a group of hearth guardians who along with our lovely Tansy, ensure that everyone here enjoys their journey with us.

Blessings

Autumn

Solstice/Litha Online Ritual/Celebrations? Sictag13

Crow calls to awaken you to your true soul purpose.. to remind you to follow your heart..
Back to top Go down
Gypsy Willowmoon
Gypsy Willowmoon

PostSubject: Re: Solstice/Litha Online Ritual/Celebrations?   Solstice/Litha Online Ritual/Celebrations? Icon_minitimeSat Jun 22, 2019 4:15 pm

Hey Mayweed,

We have found that Summer Solstice is usually a very busy time for both Students, Elders and Hearth Guardians. We try and post ritual ideas and inspiration on the Coven FB page, perhaps check that out, if you don’t usually.
As Tansy said we have not had a lot of interest regarding online group rituals - Which is a great shame, as we all love them.
Perhaps we can run a poll amount students to see if they would like them to go ahead again 🙂
Also most people tend to celebrate VERY early on the Solstice, I , begin my celebrations at 4:30am so timing is also a factor.
We will keep you posted!

)O( Gypsy Willowmoon Xx

Last edited by Gypsy Willowmoon on Sat Jun 22, 2019 4:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Tansy Firedragon
Elder & High Priestess
Tansy Firedragon

PostSubject: Re: Solstice/Litha Online Ritual/Celebrations?   Solstice/Litha Online Ritual/Celebrations? Icon_minitimeSat Jun 22, 2019 4:06 pm

We are very lucky to have a lovely community both here on the forum and in the facebook group.

Myself and/or most of the Hearth Guardians are on the forum every single day for communication. And I always answer emails within 48 hours, usually within 24 hrs.  Unity and Autumn also stay in regular email contact with students.

Heather and Gypsy hold hold two online rituals a month - a new or full moon one and a Reiki one.  Do give them a try.

So, if it is online community that is important - we are here regularly for you all ♥

We are always guided by what the students want but also what is practical as well.  If students want sabbat rituals again then we can do them.

:)

X

Last edited by Tansy Firedragon on Sat Jun 22, 2019 7:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mayweed

Mayweed

PostSubject: Re: Solstice/Litha Online Ritual/Celebrations?   Solstice/Litha Online Ritual/Celebrations? Icon_minitimeSat Jun 22, 2019 12:05 pm

MM

Aw, that is a shame. That is something I really looked forward to when I was here last, as you used to hold them.  Hmmm, that is something I will have to think about moving forward. It is an important part of practice for me, so if that doesn't happen here, I will have to fill that part of my practice somewhere else.  That is quite disappointing.  I will have to think a bit on what it is I am wanting from my studies and school and go from there. I understand that I can do solitary rituals and the like, but I since most of my practice is solitary I really looked forward to the sense of community and feeling from group ritual.  It is a shame that it doesn't really happen here any more.  I will have to think on what that means for me moving forward, as I said, it is an important part of practice for me but I really like the lessons here, so maybe I will have to attend more than one school at a time or try and find something locally that fills that need. Or maybe I will try attending a couple of the moon rituals and see how I get on with those. Thanks for letting me know.  I have much to think about now.
BB
Mayweed
Back to top Go down
Tansy Firedragon
Elder & High Priestess
Tansy Firedragon

PostSubject: Re: Solstice/Litha Online Ritual/Celebrations?   Solstice/Litha Online Ritual/Celebrations? Icon_minitimeSat Jun 22, 2019 9:32 am

Hey lovely

Some of us here don't really work with the sabbats as such either.

However we do post solitary sabbat rituals on the Kitchen Witch blog which people seem to find useful.

We haven't had a great interest/attendance for previous online sabbat rituals, but if people are interested we can certainly look at it.

X

Back to top Go down
Mayweed

Mayweed

PostSubject: Re: Solstice/Litha Online Ritual/Celebrations?   Solstice/Litha Online Ritual/Celebrations? Icon_minitimeFri Jun 21, 2019 6:57 pm

MM

Aw, that is a bit disappointing, although I should have asked sooner than today and had an alternate plan for myself in case nothing was going on here!! lol Oh well...hopefully next sabbat something will be going on?  In future I will ensure that I have something of my own planned.  I was hoping that something would be planned for the students for today.   It seems a shame it isn't being marked in some way but I will, in future, make sure that I am not reliant on an event happening here and plan something for myself, just in case!!  Thanks for getting back to me, though. Next time I will make sure I know well in advance what is happening!!  Solstice/Litha blessings to you and yours!!  :)  I hope you have a wonderful solstice.  
BB
Mayweed
Back to top Go down
Tansy Firedragon
Elder & High Priestess
Tansy Firedragon

PostSubject: Re: Solstice/Litha Online Ritual/Celebrations?   Solstice/Litha Online Ritual/Celebrations? Icon_minitimeFri Jun 21, 2019 5:50 pm

Hey lovely

Everyone is always a bit busy at the summer solstice so we have stuck with moon rituals and Reiki - both online here :)

But we will see what we can organise going forward.

Solstice blessings and hugs
X

Back to top Go down
Mayweed

Mayweed

PostSubject: Solstice/Litha Online Ritual/Celebrations?   Solstice/Litha Online Ritual/Celebrations? Icon_minitimeFri Jun 21, 2019 1:55 pm

MM everyone

Are there no solstice rituals happening this year? Or am I missing something? I can't see any notices of any, only moon rituals (well, not only, but you know what I mean!!) I was hoping for an online ritual or something to celebrate the day!! Maybe next sabbat, eh?
BB
Mayweed
Back to top Go down

Solstice/Litha Online Ritual/Celebrations?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Online Chatroom EVENTS-
Jump to: